Saturday, October 14, 2023

A Miserable Morning But We Like It

Autumn Colors

8:22

I woke to rain, wind, and overcast skies and I like it, not always, but for a day or two it's fine. I won't be kayaking, that's for sure as the wind whistles because our porch door is not locked tight. It's supposed to be like this most of today as well as Sunday and Monday. I already got out the bread book and I know Evie's going to make white chili so we will keep busy.

Yesterday was the antithesis of today, with sun and perfect hiking temperatures. I kayaked for a good hour and was able to photograph an eagle. After breakfast and the blog, Evie was excited to go for a walk around Long Point State Park. So by 10:15, we were on our way, driving to the end of Lakeside Drive and parking. It was a glorious day in the woods, as everything about it excited us, the trees, the sky, the trails, the emptiness except for us. We were out for just about an hour, taking lots of photos.

Still Mostly Green

Hiker In Black

The Sky

Evie In The Woods

We were home by 12:30 and it was time for lunch, a cheese sandwich with jam and Evie's cauliflower soup, both yummy. I started a new series which I first watched back when it came out in 2001 called Band Of Brothers, about a group of American paratroopers in WW II, starring Damian Lewis. I loved it then and it holds up well. The weather held until 2:00 as predicted when it clouded up, making it perfect weather for staying inside and reading or watching some TV. I felt guilty for not taking a walk but then I realized I had hiked for an hour in the morning. Our new neighbor, Missy, was up briefly, checking on the house and visiting friends. She is so nice. 

Late Afternoon Sun

A Brief Show Of Light

Around 6:00, the sun lit up the eastern shore as Evie got busy in the kitchen, frying up some potatoes, sauteeing spinach, and baking breaded and seasoned haddock in the air fryer. We were surprised how good the haddock was as well as the rest of the dinner. We watched a recent film on Prime called The Burial with Tom Lee Jones and Jamie Fox. It got good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes but I  would give it a C because the court scenes were anything but intense. We ended the night with ER, Season 13, with new doctors, some of the old. We have stuck with it for so long that even if it's getting weak, we will still watch to the last episode. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...