Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Pink Sky In The Morning

6:47

7:27

7:28

It's 7:15, and a band of pink sky sits above Bemus on another clear, warm lake morning. Each morning, I am surprised by the amount of leaves that have fallen. Evie better fire up the mower. It's 7:25 and the sun has just peaked out, just above the Bemus shoreline. A change in the weather is predicted for Friday, rain and cool so a number of boats are already out on the lake, taking advantage of one of the last really good days on the lake. I had an easy paddle for fifty minutes, the usual route, the usual suspects, a heron above the reeds in a tree and another one on our neighbor's dock. These guys seem to have a routine like me, same place, same time. For the past day or two, I was thinking of my neighbor, Bill Leonard, who passed away in his 90s recently. Despite the fact he was in a nursing home, he would read my blog every morning, keeping up with what was happening on the lake. Evie and I miss him.

Kayak Morning

Northern Blue

In A Tree

On A Dock

Tuesday was another Indian Summer day on the lake, sunny, blue skies, the temperature near 80º. I paddled for 50 minutes and shot a photo of a red-tailed hawk so it was a good morning. I left for yoga just after 9:00 for a good class with Julie at 9:30. I assume I was achy from my COVID vaccination but during yoga, I felt good. After class, I stopped at Ryders Cup and sat with both Paul and Bob, a couple of regulars and we chewed the fat, whatever that means. Evie had been busy while I was playing, changing sheets, and doing the wash. Nothing like sleeping in a bed with clean sheets. Lunch was an omelet and bagel, and I watched my Laker series. 

October Cruising

We both had a leisurely afternoon, reading or watching some TV but by 3:00, we were out on the lake enjoying another afternoon cruise, down to Maple Springs, across to Prendergast Point, and home. Once we were home, Evie put together our dinner of chicken and rice and then had a Zoom call with her sisters. I  took a quick swim and then sat out on the dock with a glass of wine and read. 

Vino On The Dock

We enjoyed our dinner, along with salad and corn, watched an ER, then the documentary on Prime called Kelce, about the Eagles center Jason Kelce, brother of the Chiefs Travis Kelce. It was pretty good, a look at the highs and lows of being a lineman in pro football. Even if you are not a football fan, it is worth watching.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...