Sunday, October 22, 2023

Lots Of Clouds And No Rain

7:36

8:24

It's 8:40 and I have been up since 7:20 on a gray, crisp beautiful morning. It's 40º and the colors are muted but colorful.  Because of the wind and choppy lake, I did not venture out on the lake, happy to sit inside and be comfortable.

Saturday was a bit of a bore because of an all-day drizzle, just enough to fill my rain gauge to 3/4 on an inch. It's been like that for the last couple of days. We spent much of the day in the house, with Evie cooking good things while I gathered the trash and went to the Transfer Station, crowded as usual despite the drizzle.

I had a cheese sandwich and Evie's soup for lunch and wasted the afternoon, watching the Ohio State/Penn State game, a bit of a bore. Midway through, I napped and finished my Dennis Lehane and am now looking for a new book to read. Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon. My only exercise was to walk to get the mail but Evie worked out on her rebounder, a good girl.

6:24 PM

We enjoyed a glass of wine as the meatloaf baked in the oven. Once it was close to done, Evie braised some brussels sprouts and fried up some leftover mashed potatoes. Dinner was great, simple but really good, especially the meatloaf. We watched another episode of Beckham, The Great English Baking Show and ER, so we were happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...