Thursday, October 26, 2023

Home Again

8:57

What a delight to wake up in my own bed, have coffee on my couch, and have a wonderful view of the sunrise and lake, something I take for granted too often. It is later than usual, 10:17 and I was able to both go to breakfast in Bemus and go for a 25-minute paddle but skipped yoga so we could get some things done around here this morning.

Kayak Morning North

Woodlawn/Victoria

Through The Reeds

My Heron

Yesterday ended up being a great day since I was able to come home from the hospital. My day began early, at 7:00, with a wake-up but no coffee or breakfast. By 8:30, I was being taken down to the first floor to be cardioverted, basically zapped to get my heart back in rhythm. This is the third time in six months that I have had this procedure so I am becoming a pro at it. Basically, they put me to sleep for five minutes, zap me, and I wake up in a sinus rhythm. I was then taken back to my room to await the next procedure, a  nuclear stress test to make sure my new medicine would be safe. It took about an hour, six or seven minutes on a treadmill to get my heart rate up to 130, then MRI of my arteries to make sure they were clear. 

When I got back to my room, Evie had arrived and I ordered lunch. By 1:30, I was told my stress test went well and I could go home. Once my discharge papers were ready, a nurse undid all the cords and ducts and I was on my way home, through the brown and gold of Interstate 86. I was a happy boy. 

Fall On # 86

Once I returned home, Evie unfortunately had to drive to Wegmans to pick up my new drugs so I tried to nap but was too happy to be home and asleep and kept going outside to feast on my new freedom after four days and enjoy the beauty of a sunny fall afternoon. I sat on the porch as well, reading, just wanting to be outdoors until Evie came home around 4:30. 

6:00

Mid Afternoon

We enjoyed our usual happy hour as the day waned and Evie had made our dinner yesterday morning, chicken parmesan and spaghetti. So along with a salad, we feasted on the chicken parm and I loved it after mostly roast beef sandwiches and fruit cups at the hospital. We watched the final episode of Beckham and the breaking news, about a shooting in Maine before going up to bed. 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...