Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Day Three

This Morning at 9:22 With Presque Isle In The Distance

Well, I was awakened by a nurse at 6:00 to take a med that I no longer take, alas. I was more or less up but tried to get back to sleep. By 7:00, I tried to order coffee but was not allowed so I ordered camomile tea with lemon instead. It looks like another beautiful day here in Erie and I look out my window across the bay to Presque Isle, with its great beaches. I like to bike its 13.5-mile bike paths which surround the peninsula.

Yesterday was a long day as expected. I found out early that I would be staying until at least Wednesday when they hope my heart is back to normal.  Evie came around 11:00 so I had someone to talk with although the nurses are in and out quite often. I think I am the healthiest-looking dude in the ward, still dressed in sweatpants and a long-sleeved tee shirt. So I am a perfect specimen for nurses to learn how to take vitals. Many nurses are in training and they have come in, often with a mentor, four or five times during the afternoon. I don't mind because it breaks the monotony of it all. 

My lunch arrived at 1:00 just as they were taking me down for another test to see if I had any blood clots in my lungs. It lasted about an hour, two parts, one where I breathed into a device for five minutes, another where they took pictures from four different angles of my lungs, twice, once with an infusion, once without. It turned out normal.

I came back, ate my lunch, and talked Evie into heading home by 3:30. I then actually napped until I was awakened for another taking of vitals. I try to walk the halls every hour or two but draw strange looks because I don't look sick, don't wear a gown, and don't look like I belong. Much of the day, I am either on my computer, phone, or Kindle or watching TV, usually ESPN.

I had dinner around 6:45, beef stroganoff over noodles, chicken noodle soup, and bread pudding for dessert. It was better than breakfast. I then spent the next three hours watching Monday Night Football until 11:00, then turned off everything and slept fitfully until being awakened as I mentioned at 6:00. 

I just talked with the cardiologist and the plan is for me to be cardioconverted tomorrow morning, take a nuclear stress test, and then if everything is back to normal, I can go home. Obviously, this blog is boring, no kayaking, no yoga, like my day but at least writing this gives me something to do each morning.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...