Friday, October 20, 2023

Drizzle, Gray, And No Electricity

7:47

Well, it's been an exciting morning as around 8:00 the power went out and I could not get on my computer. I  called First Energy and left a message that our power was out and then decided, since it was only drizzling, to go for a paddle. Nothing else to do without power. I was out for 25 minutes, hardly getting wet, and saw no waterfowl. When I got back, Evie was up so I volunteered to drive to Hogans to get her coffee. I returned at 9:00 and of course, the power was back on. And so it goes.

Kayak Morning

Long Point

A Cloudy Northern Sky

Yesterday was a fine day and we took advantage of it. I took a long paddle, then went to a good Yin Yoga class, crowded as usual. I then stopped at Ryders Cup and talked with my fellow yogi, Paul, until noon when I drove home. I had leftover pork and sauerkraut and the last of the cauliflower soup and watched another episode of The Wire. I then read some and tried to nap while Evie mowed the yard, mulching the leaves. I then did some work outside, covering chairs and tables with a tarp for the winter since I didn't have room in the garage. At 4:00, I drove over to my friend Joe's garage where seven of us, the breakfast crew, enjoyed a few libations until 6:00. It's always fun to get together, have great stories, looking both back to the good times, and forward to more. A couple will be heading to Florida so this may be the last time all of us will get together.

The Magnificient Six

I was home around 6:00, had a glass of wine with Evie and she already had dinner ready, rigatoni with eggplant and sauce, another favorite. It tasted great and I even had seconds. We watched a couple of episodes of The Morning Show, then back to ER before I went up to bed. Evie stayed up to watch The Golden Bachelor with the rest of the women in the World. 

Afternoon View From The Couch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...