Thursday, October 12, 2023

41º And Fog On The Lake

7:19

Well, it's 7:30 as I sit here, watching the fog slide along the lake's surface. No kayaking this morning because I have breakfast in a half hour. It's 9:15 and I just returned from breakfast at the Lake Life Cafe in Bemus Point, a good way to start the day.

Wednesday was typical, as not much changes this time of the year except the weather. I kayaked for 45 minutes, wrote the blog, had breakfast, and drove to an always-tough yoga class with Tara. I felt like quitting a  pose a number of times but hung in there and left class feeling pretty good. No coffee after class, as I had enough and stopped at the bank to cash a couple of checks before coming home. 

When I returned home, Evie was finishing up a pot of cauliflower soup. For lunch, however, I had leftovers from the previous night, chicken and rice and I watched my show.  Evie hopped on her rebounder for half an hour and seems to enjoy it. Because neither of us had much to do or didn't want to do much, the afternoon lingered, as I read, napped, or watched some TV. Finally, around 4:00 I went for a walk around our neighborhood and up the hill, just about a mile and returned home and showered.

Dinner At The Viking Club

We went to dinner at the Viking Club with our neighbors, Barb and Jim, and picked them up at 6:00. The club was not very busy so we easily found a table in the bar and enjoyed our beers before ordering our dinner, wings for me a cauliflower pizza for Evie. It was good to be at the Viking again since we had not been there in a while. Barb and Jim are always fun to be with so it was a good night, especially the setting sun sky. We were among the last few to leave the club, getting home around 8:30. We watched our shows, what else, then went to bed. 

Sunset At 6:40


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...