Friday, October 6, 2023

Finally, Some Rain

7:15

It's a wet morning, with gray, overcast skies., quite a change from the last week of amazing weather but welcome. Looking out our window, it reminds me of a black and white photo, no color except for shades of gray. I picked a good time to paddle, a five-minute drizzle, then easy paddling for forty five minutes on a calm gray lake. 

Kayak Morning

Juvenile Wood Duck

Henry, The Heron

Yesterday was a boring day for me although I did get some things done. I had a short paddle before driving over to Bemus for breakfast. Since I had a doctor's appointment in Ohio and had to leave by noon, I skipped yoga and relaxed at home, getting some things done and readying the house for winter.  I am trying to put things away but have enough room in the garage for our Outback so many summer things will be stored under a tarp, next to our garage or house. One funny thing happened. I am getting rid of our old lawn mower but have to make sure it's empty of gas and oil. So I started it up, saw there seemed to be little gas left and started mowing. Well, a half hour later it was still going and I have mowed much of the yard, mulching the leaves. Finally, I quit and left it running for five minutes and that did it.  I then went for a swim, showered, and got ready to head to the flatlands. 

We Mulched This Lawn Yesterday

I left for Ashtabula at noon, arriving at 1:30, and was surprised to be called right in for my appointment. It was not much of an appointment and I wonder why I don't get a cardiologist closer to our home. I did stop for gas at the Ohio border and let Evie know via text that I was ordering a Whopper, our new favorite burger. It almost made the drive to Ashtabula worth the effort.

When I returned home, I was exhausted for some reason and ended up taking a good nap until 5:00. I then did a few more things, clearing off much of our dock of chairs, fishing rods, tackle boxes, and things like that before having a glass of wine with Evie. Dinner was Turkish, koftes that Evie had frozen from a previous dinner, set on pita bread, topped with tomato sauce and yogurt. Perfect. We watched Bargain Block on HGTV, then an ER before Evie went to bed. I then watched about 15 minutes of NFL before joining her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...