Saturday, October 7, 2023

The Clouds, The Clouds

Lucky Number Dahlia


7:05

7:50

9:08

A vast gun metal gray cloud bank hangs over the Bemus shore on a chilly 47º morning. The lake is a shimmering gray with five bass boats in sight. It' 7:49 and the sun is just beginning to rise above the cloud bank as I am getting ready to kayak. I better get out the sunblock and sunglasses and join the bass boats on the lake. It's 9:29 and once again the sky is overcast, the sun hidden but I did get in a gorgeous paddle for 50 minutes, the sky festooned with amazing clouds. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

The Clouds

Clouds

North Toward Long Point

Victoria/Woodlawn

Mallard

Friday seemed like Saturday if you know what I mean. All the days seem the same. I got in a decent paddle in a drizzle and though I thought it would rain all day, it cleared up by 10:30 and we had another stellar fall day. Evie needed some things from Wegmans so I volunteered to shop, leaving at 11:00. Of course, it was a busy place and to make matters worse, Wegmans voted the best grocery store in the world in one poll I viewed, is still changing items in their aisles so it's impossible to find peanut butter for example unless you go down every aisle. 

I was home by noon and discovered Chris had stopped by and picked up our boat and he will service and store it for the winter. Lunch was delicious, the leftover Turkish koftes with tomato sauce, pita bread and yogurt and I finally finished Winning Times on Max. I am into my new book, Sacred, by Dennis Lehane, and briefly napped. The rest of the afternoon I did a few things, nothing exceptional but I continued with the clearing out of my garage so I could store the Outback in it during the winter. I also began taking the air conditioners out of the windows and storing them in our attic. If I get a few things done each day, getting ready for winter is not such an onerous task.

4:11

6:31

By 5:45, we were enjoying a good cheese and a Manhattan in our living room, watching the setting sun light up various sections of Long Point and Tom's Point. Neither of us wanted much for dinner and I had a hankering for Sahlen hot dogs and beans and that was it. We watched our usual shows, Bargain Block, ER, and some of the News before bed. It ended up being a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...