Monday, October 23, 2023

A Room With A View

7:42

It's 8:00 and I am in a hospital room with a view. I have been in and out of heart rhythm for the past couple of days so yesterday, we decided to drive to Erie, to UPMC Hamot Hospital and that's where I am this morning.

Nice View!

We arrived Sunday morning around 10:30 and fortunately, the ER was not too busy because I had a doctor and room within a half hour. They drew blood, x-rayed my chest, and gave me a CT scan all within the first hour or two. The radiologist who read the CT scan thought there was a chance I had a blood clot because the scan was unclear. The doctor explained that although it was probably just a lack of clarity, to be sure they had to do an ultrasound of my legs, to see if there were any other clots. The scan took a half hour and then I was able to get my own room (with a view). Once I was settled, Evie left so she could drive home in daylight. 

Since I hadn't eaten all day, I ordered a meal at 3:30, again at 6:30 and I spent most of the afternoon and evening watching football, the Bills, then the Chiefs and ended the evening with the Eagles//Dolphins game. So my Sunday was typical in one way, watching football. 

7:42

I didn't have a great night of sleep, restless and the bed was not that comfortable but  I managed to get five hours. Now I am waiting for a cardiologist to come and give me some idea of what my day looks like. I am hoping to go home late today after getting cardio converted or a change in my beta blocker. Unfortunately, I just found out I have to get another scan at 2:00 to make sure I have no blood clots, making it less likely I will be going home.

Well, the cardiologist just arrived and he's putting me on a new med, keeping me here until Wednesday for observation when I will be cardioconverted and take a stress test, and then, enshallah, I will go home.  And so it goes. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...