Sunday, October 29, 2023

A Dismal Sunday Morning

Kayak Morning

8:10

I woke to rain and chill as I stepped outside while my coffee was brewing. We got close to an inch of rain overnight and it's getting colder, 43º at the moment. It doesn't look like a kayak morning either, alas. Well, I was able to find a minute gap without drizzle or wind and paddled down to Sandy Bottom and back, the only guy on the lake. It was great to be out there with the Mallards.

Paddling By The Reeds

Yesterday was a long day for me with no paddling or yoga, just a trip to the Transfer Station, twice! I was up too early and because of the drizzle and rain, I stayed in, not venturing out on the lake. We had a leisurely coffee before getting busy getting some things done which have been bothering us like changing the water filter, and gathering up all the trash so I could take off to the Transfer station. Once that was done, Evie kept finding things to do while I relaxed on the couch until lunchtime when I microwaved the chicken parm and watched my show. 

Late Afternoon

It drizzled off and on during the afternoon so there was no chance of mulching the leaves despite the fact the lawn was once again covered. I have been having trouble with my back so we changed the mattress pad on the bed to see if it helped.  I then napped and read until 4:00 when I went for a walk up the hill and back, just to get some fresh air. While I was gone, Evie prepped our wok dinner, getting the veggies, chicken and spices ready for our dinner.

5:45

Woking It

We relaxed with a glass of wine and listened to NPR until 6:00 when we got busy in the kitchen. We basically worked together, adding various veggies to compliment the chicken in hot bean sauce. We served it over rice and it was the best wok dinner we have made in quite a while. We started a film on Netflix, a raunchy comedy called No Hard Feelings which we thought we would hate. We were right and after 15 minutes we switched to Real Time With Bill Maher and some HGTV shows until we went up to bed.

7:26 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...