Sunday, October 15, 2023

Cloudy , Windy, And Drizzle

A Bouquet Of Evie's Dahlias

Saturday Afternoon At 5:40

8:18

8:20

It's another gray morning, with heavy dark clouds off to the north. At the moment, it's not raining here but will probably if go out and kayak. It is 43º,  with a steady wind. Ironically, the sun just came out, so I stepped outside and it began to rain and off to the north, the sky darkened, no doubt bringing rain. It's 8:50 and I just returned from a ten minutes paddle. I didn't realize how windy it was but when I tried to paddle north, I made no headway, it started to drizzle, and couldn't even get to my neighbor's dock, so I turned around and let the wind take me back to shore. 

A Brief Kayak Morning

This Morning At 9:00 AM

Yesterday was predicted to rain most of the day so we decided to do something nevertheless.  First, Evie went out to her garden to rescue her dahlias from the rain and wind.  I did not kayak because of the rain but by 10:00, I was off to the Transfer Station to get rid of trash and had a respite from the rain. For some reason, despite the weather report, I wanted to go for a drive so we decided to head to Silver Creek, about an hour away, to get Evie some gummies to help her sleep. It was a good choice because the back roads were still colorful and once we got to Dunkirk, we drove along Lake Erie on Rt. 5, and occasionally passed homes set on the banks of Lake Erie, among vineyards, or set back with vast lakefront yards. It was a better drive than we thought. We ended up at Gifted, a busy gummy store run by a friend's daughter-in-law. She explained all our options and we left with fifty bucks worth of stuff.

Road Trip

Chautauqua County

We drove home via #90, stopped at the Tuscany Grocery/Meat store in Fredonia, and returned home around 1:30. I had not eaten lunch so a bowl of cauliflower soup and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich hit the spot. I watched my show, Band Of Brothers, then took a good nap, falling asleep while reading.

More Dahlias

Evie put together our dinner, a white chili, with chicken and cannellini beans around 4:00 and we then enjoyed a happy hour, with a piece of good cheese, hummus, crackers, celery, and of course, a cocktail. We had the chili with Doritos and watched our shows, not willing to risk watching another disappointing film. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...