Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Tired Of Morning Gray

7:58

9:05

Well, at least there's not much of a wind this morning so I can get out on the lake. The sky and lake are both gray, of course, on a 41º morning. We may have some sun later today. It's 9:10 and I was out paddling for 55 minutes. I was able to shoot a couple of photos of Coots for the first time this fall and chased a heron from the shore to a tree, then off to yonder. 

Kayak Morning

North

Coots

Yesterday was back to our routine after a road trip to Pittsburgh on Monday. I was able to get in a paddle in mist or drizzle, just enough to soak my rain jacket. I was only out for 35 minutes and because of the rain and gray, I saw no wildlife.  I then drove to Lakewood to another good yoga class with Julie, six gals, and Moi. I resisted a stop for coffee but did stop at Sav A Lot to pick up some milk and pork ribs for our favorite dinner, pork ribs, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. Yum

Lunch was cauliflower/squash soup and half of Evie's burger from Monday night. I watched the first episode of a British mystery called Harry Wild and one was enough so I will have to find something else to watch. Because of the dreary afternoon, we did little although Evie did put together our dinner, making use of the chili and turning it into a southwest lasgna. I read some, starting a new Dennis Lehane novel, Prayers For Rain, the fifth or sixth in the series. Mid-afternoon, Evie worked out on the rebounde and because I felt like a slug, I decided to walk Woodlawn and Victoria, close to a mile and a half, much of the walk through leafy, colorful woods.

Kinney's Run

Deadfall

Woodlawn

Victoria

Woodlawn

We put off a happy hour until after Evie's Zoom call with her sisters. Dinner was chicken casserole and salad and we watched a new film, written and starring Ray Romano called Somewhere In Queens. It was a bit overdone with stereotypes of an Italian family but there were some nice moments as well, especially the way it ended. We almost stopped watching ER but the last two episodes were really quite good so we will stick with it. Why not? 

Our Young Maple



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...