Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Dock Is Out

Where's The Coffee

7:03

9:03

It's another gray morning at 7:40 with drizzle forecast for the next hour. I still hope to get in a paddle as the lake is smooth and gray and not a boat in sight. It's 9:00 and I paddled for 40 minutes in an almost imperceptible drizzle. I was lucky to spot both a heron sitting on a dock as well as a wood duck.

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Heron

Female And Stunning Male Wood Ducks

Yesterday was back to normal in most ways. I got in a short paddle, long enough to make it worth my while. Just as I was leaving for yoga, the dock guys drove up to take our dock as well as our neighbor's docks out of the lake. It's a rigorous job and takes time and when I returned from yoga, they were still at it, taking our dock, the last of three. Anyway, yoga was good and my back was feeling better after class. I stopped for a coffee and sat around with Paul for a half hour until I drove home.

Evie was busy going through her wardrobe, getting rid of stuff she had not worn in years. I should do the same thing but how can I throw or give away my high school letter sweater or college Varsity O jacket? Lunch was toasted cheese with jam and I watched my show, Warsaw Spies on Prime. The rest of the afternoon was one of reading and ease as it was drizzling on and off outside, making it easy to put off any exercise although Evie did work on her rebounder like a good girl. The extent of my work was to put air in the tires of my Outback, something I have to do every three or four days.

It was a perfectly gray evening for a good cheese and drinks, so that's what we had. First, however, Evie had her weekly Zoom call with her sisters and before that, she had put together or dinner of chicken breasts with a mushroom sauce. We had dinner around 7:00, the chicken, rice, and sweet corn, still available at Petersons. We watched our shows, the same as always, as well as the news although it's hard to watch the news for long because of the atrocities in Israel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...