Friday, October 13, 2023

A Bit Of Morning Sun

7:27

9:32

Fishing Next To Our Lake Wall

It's 7:47 and the sun rose about 15 minutes ago but has just disappeared behind a vast cloud bank. That may be it for the day. It's 40º, just about what it was the last few days at this time. I was able to kayak for over an hour on a practically empty lake. I chased an eagle down towards the bathhouse but when I pulled out my camera, he took off. I saw another high in a pine above Sandy Bottom but he was in the shade so the photo was not very good. 

Kayak Morning

North Sky


Clouds Or Close Encounter Of A Third Kind

Bald Eagle

Crows Or Turkey Vultures

Thursday I skipped kayaking to go to breakfast in Bemus, alas, because it was a beautiful morning. I was home by 9:00, in time to finish the blog and get to yoga by 10:00. After class, I had coffee with my friend Paul until noon, then went to Wegmans to pick up some prescriptions and do some shopping.  

The Lawn Gal

Dahlia

Lunch was a surprise, the leftover cauliflower pizza from the Viking and it was still good. Evie then went out and mulched the leaves in our front yard and as usual. I then did some reading of my book, napped, and by 3:00, was out enjoying the afternoon, trimming the hedges and gathering the four hoses we used to get water from the lake for Evie's garden. I left one out to see if it's still usable next Spring. It felt good to be doing something although I should have gone for a walk.

Chautauqua Countryside Photos



At 5:30, our friends Jack and Diane picked us up and they brought us some goodies, grapes, zucchini, peppers, and blueberry jam, all from their garden, We then drove the backroads to Pine Junction, the setting western sun blinding us off, and on as we went. Despite being a Thursday night, the restaurant was busy. We found a table next to the window and were waited on by a waitress on her second day. 

Autumn Dining

She was great, however, and we kidded her as she struggled to use the new device for orders. I had potato soup, a burger, and onion rings and Evie had a broasted chicken. It was fun catching up with Jack and Diane who live on  60 acres overlooking both Lake Erie and Chautauqua Lake. We were home by 8:00, in time to watch the Chiefs/Broncos game on TV. Our son Tom and his wife Mary were at the game, sitting in the H &R Block box which happened to be next to the Kelce/Swift box.  We watched the game, fairly boring, through the third quarter before going to bed.

Let's Go Chiefs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...