Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Dark Clouds And Drizzle

7:20

7:26

8:33

Well, it's 7:40 and I am sitting in my living room, debating whether to kayak or not. A vast dome of dark clouds covers the lake and rain or drizzle is predicted for the next hour. It's 41º and I have been up since 5:45, following the terrible Hamas attack in Israel and the Israeli response. I can't see how this ends well, for either side.  It's 8:45 and I did paddle for 25 minutes, in a light drizzle of course, the only one on the lake. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Gray

Yesterday was a day punctuated by teeth cleaning at 2:00, an appointment that always ruins my day. Still, it was a good day overall, beginning with a paddle, as usual, breakfast, and the blog. Our plan was to organize the attic and take the air conditioners out of the windows. We were in no hurry to get up there, so Evie was able to enjoy her coffee and cleared our dock of chairs and tables, using a wheelbarrow to save my back. Once that was done, Evie was ready and we spent a good half hour organizing the attic so we could easily get things like our winter stuff. Then, we pulled the air conditioners out of the four bedroom windows and stored them in the attic. Once that was done, we were proud of ourselves and relaxed in the living room, reading or on our devices. 

Around noon, Evie made me broiled tuna sandwiches, with cheese, tomato, and onions. I began a new series, Spies Of Warsaw, based on an Alan Furst novel which I am sure I read many years ago. By 1:30, I was on my way to the dentist, and by 2:40, I was out of there with no new cavities! I then made two quick stops at Tops, then Petersons where I picked up grapes for Evie along with corn and a cauliflower.

I was home by 4:00 and neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon because of the weather, an intermittent drizzle. We enjoyed a glass of wine and listened to the news on CNN. Dinner was the leftover pork, baked potatoes, and corn. We watched a cute cartoonish version of Ronald Dahl's The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar, on Netflix, for just a half hour, then a couple of ER's and the news before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...