Saturday, October 21, 2023

Drizzle And Rain

7:34

It's 8:10 and not much has changed over the last two days, gray, then blue skies and intermittent drizzle. Right now it's drizzling, a few bass boats are out and I have heard shotguns go off in the distance. It must be Saturday morning. It's 10:00 and I kayaked for only 25 minutes as it started to rain and the wind picked up, making the lake choppy. Evie's up and at them, making cookie dough and cleaning out the refrigerator. 

Kayak Morning

Friday is an open day for me, with no yoga so somehow I have to fill my mornings. So I kayaked for close to an hour before breakfast and the blog and by 9:45, we were driving to my mechanic to have my tires checked and pass the NY State safety check. We dropped off the car and came home and both of us relaxed some with our devices. We also got in a workout, Evie on the rebounder and I walked the Woodlawn/Victoria loop, a mile, then did 15 minutes of yoga. We felt righteous and refreshed afterward, ready to get a few things done around the house.

Kinney's Run

Woodlawn Creek

Victoria/Woodlawn

Lunch was Evie's veggie soup and the leftover eggplant pasta and I am into my series, The Wire, for the second or third time. We picked up my car at 2:15 and Evie then went shopping and I returned home to read, nap, and get a few more things done, readying the garage and yard for winter. I bought a large tarp and covered some of the metal lawn chairs with it on the side of the house and that should help them weather the winter. 

Long Point In The Afternoon

Afternoon Sky

After Falling Leaves

Victoria Colors

Evie didn't get home until 4:00, having hit not only Wegmans but Aldis and TJMaxx so she was exhausted. I helped unload the groceries and then let Evie put them away. Wine time was amazing as the sky kept changing colors and the leaves fell in boatloads but we were not quick enough to get a photo. Dinner was haddock baked in the air fryer, with bread crumbs and siracha mayo, salad, and spinach. Yum. We watched two episodes of a documentary on British soccer star David Beckham and we really enjoyed it. We ended the night with more news and another episode of ER, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...