Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Waking To Snow

7:16

8:49

What a surprise to find a dusting of snow covering our yard and trees. At first, I thought I left the spotlight on because the yard was so bright when I came downstairs at 7:00. The sky was filled with dark, ominous clouds, and the lake was smooth close to shore, a bit ruffled out a ways. It's the coldest fall day so far, 31º, and should get up to a toasty 39º later in the day. It's just after 9:00 and I was out paddling for a half hour on a surprisingly choppy lake. I saw a few mallards but that's about it and it was too rocky to take a good photo anyways. 

Kayak Morning

Victoria

Victoria And Woodlawn

Paddling South

Yesterday was a typical Tuesday except for the fact I slept in and did not have enough time to kayak. So I had a quick breakfast and wrote the blog before driving to yoga, leaving at 9:10. Class was as usual, six gals and me and because it was Julie's last class this fall, we had a restorative class, one where we basically spend most of our time relaxing in various poses. After class, I skipped coffee and surprised Evie by arriving home earlier than usual. 

Lunch was the leftover eggplant parm from Monday night's dinner and I watched my show. Evie took off for a shopping spree, at Wegmans and T.J. Maxx and I spent the afternoon mostly on the couch reading until I could not stand it any longer and went out and mowed the side yard, leaving the front yard for today if the snow ever melts. 

Tuesday Afternoon

Sunset Bay

Evie had her Zoom call at 5:00 and we then had a happy hour with lots of appetizers, sushi, hummus, cheese, crackers, edamame, and pistachios. It's no wonder we were not that hungry for our dinner of leftover Chinese food. We watched an episode of Lesson In Chemistry, some HGTV, and a Colbert before going to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...