Thursday, October 5, 2023

The Last Day Of Summer?

6:40

6:53

7:05


7:53
I am up too darn early, at 6:00, and some color has just appeared off to the east at 6:45. I have breakfast at 8:00 and am wondering if it's too dark to get in a paddle before I drive to Bemus for breakfast. Today will still be in the 70s but cloudy but the weekend highs may be in the 40s and 50s. It's 9:22 as we finish this, after a great breakfast special at the  Bemus Point Inn, an English Muffin with cheese and sausage and hash browns. 

Kayak Morning

The Sun Rises

Great Blue Heron

Looking Back

Wednesday was not a great day because Evie is suffering from either a cold or some bug. For me, it was a typical day, with early kayaking, then breakfast and the blog, and yoga with Jen at 10:00, always a good class when she substitutes for someone. I skipped coffee and came straight home. Despite feeling lousy, Evie was able to get some things done and even made me my lunch, a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches, smeared with Duke's mayo instead of butter. I am close to finishing my series on the Lakers and will be looking for something new.

I then napped briefly, then got some things done. I gassed up the boat for our final cruise, then cleaned out the boat of stuff and stored it up in the garage attic, things like life preservers and buoys. I read some in the yard until Evie said she was up for a cruise so we boated over to Bemus Point and back on another beautiful October afternoon. When we returned, I put the cover on the boat and went for another swim. I don't know the temperature of the lake but read that Lake Erie's temperature was a record-breaking 70º. Our lake felt much colder than that. 

Taking A Swim

At 5:30, I relaxed out on the dock with an Old Fashioned, for some reason I was hankering after one even though I usually have wine during the week.  It was another picturesque late afternoon, as the sun lit up the eastern shore.  

Old Fashioned On The Dock

Evie was too comfortable on the couch so she stayed inside. Dinner was easy for her, just heat up the leftover chicken and rice and make a salad. We watched some ER and the news and by 8:30, Evie was ready to go up to bed early. I then watched another episode of the Lakers series before joining her.

Breakfast Boys

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...