Tuesday, June 30, 2020

One Fine Morning

5:37
6:00
It's just 8:30 and I have been up for three hours, alas, but I did get in a great hour and a half paddle, over to Tom's Point, across to Lakeside Drive in Bemus, then home.  I spotted a couple of bald eagles and was fortunate enough to get a photograph of one.  They are very skittish; every time I get near, they tend to fly off. 

Kayak Morning
A Bald Eagle At Tom's Point
Bemus Point Bridge

Wood Ducks On Wood
Today looks like a carbon copy of yesterday, sunny and warm although not yet hot, the temperature in the high '70s.  Yesterday was our typical with one change; after the paddle, blog, and breakfast, Evie and I practiced yoga out in the front yard, in the shade.  It was a pleasant half-hour, cool and settling, getting us ready for our day.  After yoga, I went out and cut weeds until lunchtime and Evie mowed the yard and it looks super, primo, extra.  For lunch, I had ramen, bagel, and sardines, something different, then watched another episode of Baltazar.  It's coming to an end so I will be looking for another lunchtime show although there are so many choices that I will have a hard time choosing. 

I am halfway through my book, Manhattan Beach and It's taken a turn I didn't expect, in fact, a couple of them.  After my nap, I drove off to a busy Walmart and picked up some paint for Evie because she is sanding and painting a few metal chairs.  When I came back, Evie was out on the dock so I joined her, a perfect afternoon to be out, a nice breeze, a warming sun. 

We came in around 6:00 and Evie put together our dinner, using the leftover chicken to make black bean enchiladas.  While it baked, we sat on the front porch with hummus and pistachios and enjoyed a summer drink, vodka tonics with lime.  They tasted great and we wondered why we don't have them more often.  Maybe it's a good thing!  We covered our enchiladas with lettuce and sour cream, watched the news, another Hometown, and the first episode of Perry Mason on HBO.  We are not taken with it but it's the first episode so we will stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...