Friday, June 19, 2020

More Sunshine, No Rain

 
5:55
6:49
It's another fine morning, sunny with blue skies, the early temperature in the low '60s.  I had an uneventful paddle over to Tom's Point and back, no sightings of any interesting birds.  Where have they gone? 

Kayak Morning
Paddling North
We seem to have a never-ending list of things to do.  I guess that's what it's like when you own a house, with a lawn and garden.  There is always something you can do.  I am not very good at finding them but Evie is.  So yesterday morning was like most mornings, Evie working in the yard, garden and watering.  I finally tackled my garage, always a mess and took everything out, swept it out, rearranged and threw away lots of spray cans of stuff I have not used in years.  It always feels good to do it and I gather the mojo three or four times a year.  I also took some deadfall up the hill before lunch, more cauliflower soup, and a bagel.

Ivy Geranium

Floating Stage Heading to Mayville
I have a yearly visit with my cardiologist; unfortunately, he left the practice in Erie so I decided to try one from the Cleveland Clinic, the nearest hospital was an hour and a half away in Ashtabula, Ohio, the same distance if I were to go to Buffalo.  They had only a couple cardiologists on staff and I picked a Dr. Alssaad.  It was an easy drive and I waited in my car for a phone call so the waiting room was not crowded.  I was curious about the doctor and as we started to talk, he asked me about myself.  When I mentioned, I taught in Turkey at Robert College, his eyes lit up because his father had gone there for a degree in Engineering.  Small world, right.  He then asked what I did and I said taught English in Hudson, Ohio, at Western Reserve Academy for 35 years.  He almost jumped out of his seat because his son is a freshman at Reserve.  Needles to say, we sat and talked for a good forty five minutes, finally getting to my symptoms.  I have the skill of getting doctors to talk about everything but my health.  I really liked him; he knows my history now and I will be going in for a couple of tests in the next couple of months, once things open up. 

Afternoon Clouds
I was home by 5:30, in time to enjoy the beauty of the lawn, just mowed by Evie and we sat out on the dock till almost 7:00 when it became cool as a breeze picked up.  Dinner was a salad and the leftover curry on rice, still yummy.  We watched a Colbert, an episode of Lenox Hill, then two episodes of Cheers, where Frasier is first introduced.  I finished my Joe Pike and started another book called Euphoria, by Lily King.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...