Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Clouding Up And Windy

5:31 
6:00
8:30
It's 8:30, the sun's behind the clouds and wind has picked up, making me happy to be back from an hour paddle.  Just as I headed home, I noticed a young heron along the shoreline, blending in with its surroundings so that it was difficult to see but I took a few photos and left, leaving him behind undisturbed.

Kayak Morning
Great Blue Heron Among The Rocks
Yesterday was a stellar sun day, lots of time out on the dock and in the water.  I paddled early, then after the blog and lunch and doing a few things around the house, I drove over to Bemus and rode my bike for an hour through Bemus, Long Point State Park, and back, my favorite ride.  I was home by 11:15 and decided to cool off in the lake and while I was in, I might as well cut weeds.  I did so until I filled up my bucket and came in for lunch.  While I was doing this, Evie was working in her garden, mostly pulling weeds, a result of last week's rain. Lunch was the leftover spaghetti and meatballs from Sunday night's dinner, thankfully I like leftovers. 

Almost There
I watched my show, napped, and read then joined Evie on the dock until it became too windy and we both came in, Evie to prep the Wienerschnitzel and me to read on the porch.  When I walked in the house from the front porch, I stubbed my toe on the metal divider, thinking nothing of it until I realized it was bleeding on our new carpet.  I quickly put pressure on it with a paper towel and Evie got out the Oxyclean, water, brush, and worked at getting the blood out. What a ridiculous bummer. I had to work at stopping the bleeding until Evie put a few bandaids on it and it stopped.

Fortunately, dinner was great, Wienerschnitzel, baked potatoes, roasted cauliflower, and salad so it took our mind off the bloody carpet and my bummed up toe.  We decided to watch the most streamed series on Netflix, Money Heist, a Spanish thriller.  We watched the first three episodes, saved the ending for tonight.  It's a bit far fetched but fun, so European.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...