Sunday, June 14, 2020

41º In June

5:58
8:46
It's just before 9:00, a windy, sunny, and cool morning here on the lake.  I kayaked for a good hour but was smart enough to begin my paddle into the wind so that coming home was easy.  I ran into Tina, Jim, and their daughter Emily and paddled with them down to Bootey Bay before heading back.

Kayak Morning
Male Merganser, Mom, And Chicks
Mom Leading The Chicks To Safety
Yesterday was another sunny, windy, and cool day, perfect for being outside.  I wanted to get another bike ride in so we worked at getting the trash together so I could take it to the Transfer Station.  I then came home, helped Evie set up the watering system from the lake, washed some windows, and drove off to Mayville where I parked my bike at Linda and Ron's house.

Window Washing
I biked down #394 to Sea Lion, down Sea Lion to #430, then down Elmwood Road to the end and then back.  It took close to an hour and was a delightful ride because of the cool weather.  I then stopped at the Lighthouse for a sub sandwich for lunch.  Then, at Evie's request, I stopped at the Creamery and picked up a freshly baked baguette and a triple cream brie with blue cheese for our wine time.

A Cosmos In Bloom
While I was gone, Evie made her cauliflower soup with Indian spices.  I had a bowl for lunch along with half of the sub sandwich.  By the time I was through eating and watching Baltazar, I was ready to read and perhaps take a nap which I did.  I then joined Evie out in the yard, out of the wind, and read until I decided it would be fun to practice yoga outside.  I got out my mat, bolster and strap and set it up in the corner of the yard, in the sun and out of sight of neighbors.  It felt great to be out in the sun and it was just the right temperature.

Relaxing In Between Watering
As I finished, Evie was done watering every plant and bush under the sun.  We then put away everything, closed up the garage, and got ready for our cocktail hour and dinner, a combination of the gourmet and the cookout.  I made us a couple of Manhattans and Evie sliced the baguette and got our brie.  We sat on the front porch, insulated from the wind and watched the lake traffic ebb as we devoured the entire baguette and chunk of brie.  What a palette pleaser, setting up our dinner of hot dogs and  Bob Evans Man N Cheese.  What contrast yet the dogs and mac n cheese tasted just as good as the bread and cheese, sort of! We watched another Colbert, then back to Defending Jacob.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...