Sunday, June 7, 2020

Blue Skies, Calm Lake, Now Clouds

5:56
8:56
I have been up since 5:45, long enough to see the sky change dramatically.  I paddled for an hour and a half, over to Tom's Point, across to Lakeside Drive and home. Needless to say, I am a bit worn out and it's only 9:00.  The paddle was worth it, however, because I was able to capture a few photos of the elusive wood duck. 

Kayak Morning
A Pair Of Wood Ducks
A Male Wood Duck
Yesterday was another perfect June day, cool temperatures, in the low '70s, a light breeze and lots of sun.  I had a rough paddle because the lake churned up on my way back from Warner Bay.  I then had breakfast, finished the blog, and wrote a tribute to a college teammate and friend, and posted it on Facebook.  When I was done, Evie was out watering and for some reason, I found some mojo and decided to go biking.  I drove across the bridge, parked my car, then rode through Bemus and out to Long Point State Park, following one of the trails through the woods before heading back along Lakeside Drive, through Bemus and back to my car.  It was perfect weather, a bit of wind so that I hardly worked up a sweat. 

Biking The Trails Of Long Point State Park
Rhododendrons In Bemus Point
When I came home at 1:00, Evie had my lunch ready, the leftover eggplant pasta.  I watched my show and when I finished, I realized I was tired from getting up early and my paddle and bike ride.  So I fell asleep, finished my book, The Paladin, not my favorite David Ignatius novel. 

Rhododendrons From Our Window
When I woke, Evie was out on the chaise lounge, sitting under our maples so I joined her, protected from the wind and the sun.  We stayed out till it was time to start dinner, a an eye of round beef roast that she had wrapped in salt overnight.  It has complicated instructions, sear it on all sides, put it in the oven at low heat until the internal temperature reaches, 115, then turn the oven off and let it sit under the internal temperature reaches 135º, for medium-rare.  Unfortunately, the thermometer was not working properly so we thought we overdid it.  We didn't eat until 7:30 and the roast was actually cooked just right.  With gravy and mashed potatoes and a salad, we had a great Sunday night dinner on Saturday night. We watched Bill Maher, then Better Call Saul, and finished with an episode of Cheers although we are getting tired of Coach and his cluelessness.

The Quiet And Solitude Of A Winter Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...