Tuesday, June 23, 2020

We Got Rain

Evie's Garden 
6:26
It's 8:15, at first an overcast, foggy morning but now the sun is out, the lake surface ruffled and I kayaked for a good hour, a nice breeze keeping me cool on a 70º morning.  It also looks like a wet afternoon, inshallah.

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was a waiting game, waiting for the storm clouds to arrive, hoping they didn't pass us by.  It was not as hot as the day before, in the '70s most of the day so we could enjoy the outdoors without working up a sweat.  I kayaked, wrote the blog, had breakfast, nothing different there except for a banana, blueberry, and yogurt smoothie.  In my attempt to have something wrong with me every day, I developed a strange rash on my arms and legs so I spent a good part of the day putting Sarna on it to keep it from itching.  While Evie continued to make sure every weed in her garden was a goner, I stayed inside most of the day reading, doing some dishes, things like that.  If I kept busy, I forgot about the itch.

Baptiste Flowers
Lunch was ramen and a chicken sandwich with tomato and homegrown arugula and I watched my show before napping.  I had an appointment for a blood test at 3:15, so I drove into Mayville, stopped briefly at Tops, then went to the Medical Center.  They drew my blood but the nurse had no idea what my rash was.  When I finished, it was pouring, thank the gods, and I drove home in it, knowing that Evie would be delighted.  We only got 3/4s of an inch but that is better than nothing.  I decided to see if I could see my Dermatologist so I will be going there this morning at 11:00.  What's a day without a doctor's appointment and I am basically a healthy dude!

We sat on the porch until it stopped raining, then opened all the windows, as the air had cooled.  Evie decided to fry up some squash fritters to go with the leftover moussaka.  I don't much like zucchini except if it's done that way,  I devoured it with yogurt, and we enjoyed the ziti and salad for an easy dinner.  We watched another Hometown, then two episodes of Lenox Hill.  It's a really intense and informative documentary, with highs and sad lows, just life in a New York City hospital I guess.  Watch it on Netflix.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...