Saturday, June 13, 2020

A Morning For Fleece

6:18
It was 44º when I rose at 6:00 and the sun had already risen.  I put on a fleece, powered up my computer, made the coffee, and relaxed until 7:15 when I ventured out on the lake.  It was surprisingly nice, a light wind, lots of sun, and a brilliant blue lake.  I was out for close to an hour and got a long-distance shot of a hawk.

Kayak Morning
A Broad Winged Hawk
Friday was a great day for both of us because it had cooled off and we both felt like doing things.  Evie, of course, was more productive, working around the yard, mowing the lawn, the usual for her.  I paddled early, wrote the blog, and because the temperatures were in the 50's, I put my bike on my car rack and drove over to Bemus for a ride.  I rode through Bemus, down Lakeside Drive to the park, out to the tip of Long: Point and back to the bridge.  It felt great to be out, on my bike, in the woods, getting some exercise. 

Long Point
Unloading Weeds To A Truck
When I got back to the car, a woman came up and complained about my parking on her property.  It's an empty field and I parked mostly on the road, perhaps two feet of the berm.  We talked and by the time we were through, she said to park there anytime.  I felt guilty but am glad we worked it out.

When I returned home, the lawn was mowed and Evie was weeding in her garden.  Those nasty fellows keep popping up, ruining the well-tended look.  She took time out to make me a Turkish menemen, a soft omelet with cheese, tomatoes, and feta cheese.  Along with a bagel, I felt like I was back in Istanbul.

A Spicy, Sweet Perrenial Heliotrope
I then read some, napped and showered because I had an eye appointment at 4:00.  I picked up some more potting soil for Evie on the way at a hardware store.  The eye care center was very careful to make sure every surface was wiped down and everyone wore masks.  Midway through my checkup, the power went out for ten minutes.  Fortunately, I was able to finish my checkup and get fitted for a new pair of glasses, with a new prescription.  I asked them to straighten my sunglasses and somehow they broke the frames, so I am getting a new pair of prescription sunglasses for free.

I didn't get home till close to 6:00, tired from all the sitting and waiting for things to get done.  I was ready for something different for a cocktail hour so I made myself a bloody mary while Evie had wine and we sat inside, as it was too windy and cool out on the porch.  Dinner was the leftover koftes and sumac sauce from Thursday night, on pita bread, and with a salad and it was just as good as the night before.  We watched Colbert and two more tense episodes of Defending Jacob on Apple TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...