Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Another Boring Morning of Blue Skies And Sunshine



Celebrating Linda's Birthday Bash
5:55
5:56
9:16
 It's another perfect morning, clear skies, a great sunrise, a calm lake, just right for a long hour and fifteen-minute paddle over to Warner Bay, back to Victoria and home.  When I returned, Evie was in her garden, watering the plants in the shade.

Kayak Morning
Morning Watering With Evie
Yesterday was a busy day, what else with Evie!  I got in a good long paddle before breakfast and the blog but then she got busy, with my occasional help.  I wanted to go biking so we cleared off the front porch, getting it ready for vacuuming and washing.  I got rid of all the cobwebs, did some dusting, getting it ready for the next stage.  While this was going on, Evie had the hose from the lake watering the privets and other areas of the yard because we have not had rain in a couple of weeks.  I think our yard must have more water than the rest of Woodlawn,  As a result, our garden and yard are green and healthy, even the privets.  Around 11:15, my chores were done and Evie gave me the thumbs up to go biking.  I drove over to Bemus, to just off the bridge and to my dismay, when I drove off my tire was flat, in fact, the back wheel would not move.  I have no idea what happened because I had just taken it on a long ride the day before with no problems.  So I was back by 12:00, ready to get busy again although the porch was wet from washing so we let it dry till mid-afternoon.

Chives
For lunch, I heated up a bowl of cauliflower soup and a bowl of bulgar, with tomatoes and eggplant from Sunday night's dinner.  I watched my series, enjoyed the soup and bulgar, then read some, took a nap, and woke ready to go.  We put the porch back together and I have to admit it looks spiffy, all clean and fresh.  I then checked out the bike shop and realized I should take my bike in because it was closed on Wednesday.  So I drove to Celeron, dropped it off at Hollyloft, and picked up some feta cheese at Brigiotti's since I was in the area.  On the way home, I got my car washed since it was filthy from the detritus from the willow and the darn robins.

I cleaned the inside when I got home, dusty and dirty from all my trips to pick up stones, mulch and topsoil.  We both showered late afternoon because we were meeting Linda and Ron at the Harbor House Hotel patio to celebrate Linda's birthday.  We arrived around 6:30 and they were already there, sitting in Adirondack chairs, waiting for a table to open. 

Good Friends
We enjoyed a beer, then moved to a table under a pergola, with a view of the lake and sunset,  It is one of the nicest places on the lake for food, drinks, and a view. We had a great lobster appetizer, but our meals were just average, actually disappointing.  Still, it was fun to celebrate with Linda and Ron on a spectacular evening sunset.

Sunset At Harbor House Hotel Patio
We literally closed up the patio and were home just after 9:00, in time to watch one episode of Home Town.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...