Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Thunder, Lightning, But No Rain

5:40 
5:56 a.m. Sitting On Our Porch
6:10
6:10
Well, I woke around 5:30 to thunder and lightning, came downstairs, made the coffee, and sat out on the front porch, expecting to watch it rain.  It's now 8:00 and I am now writing my blog, after having been out paddling for forty-five minutes with no rain.  As I was paddling home, it began to thunder, and just now, it has started to rain.  The weather gods are finally correct.

Kayak Morning
Tuesday was a cloudy morning, a sunny afternoon, so we did not get much done in the morning, mostly listening to the Smerconish show on Sirium AM and I did get in some Yoga with Adriene on YouTube.  Tuesday was also a special day, our daughter Beth's birthday.  Un fortunately, she lives in Dallas so we had to celebrate with texts and a phone call.  At least she has all her family home to celebrate because Tyler, her eldest, who lives and works in Boston, flew home.

Lunch was easy, just heat up the leftover spaghetti and meatballs, and watch another episode of my series, Bosch on Prime Video.  I was anxious to get back to my book The Paladin by David Ignatius and fell asleep while reading.  The sun came out after lunch, so Evie was back to weeding and fussing in her garden.  I helped some, then decided to gas up my boat.  I finally have discovered an easy way to do it, using a siphon.  No longer do I have to lift two five gallon cans and pour it in the boat.  I also set up the watering system, pulling water from the lake with a sump pump so Evie could water her garden.  I have to admit it looks amazing, so well kept, not a weed, plants surrounded by garden compost.

Late Afternoon Shadows And Sun
We relaxed on the dock around 5:30 on a beautiful evening and did not want to leave and come back in the house and make dinner.  But we did.  I washed up some potatoes, put them in the oven while Evie cut and roasted some cauliflower, made a salad, and grilled two pork chops on her grill pan.  Because we got a late start, we did not eat until 7:15.  We watched some of the news, mostly photos of the protests and the anger over not only military trucks on the streets of Washinton but Trump's using a church and Bible for a photo op.  We were happy to switch to a new Colbert, back after a ten-day hiatus, then a Hometown and an episode of Better Call Saul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...