Thursday, June 25, 2020

Amish Week

6:23
8:45 
Amish Boys
It's 8:46, clouding up, and had a good paddle for an hour, no interesting bird photos, however.  Lots of Amish out fishing this week, this morning,at least four different pontoon boats, often filled with young and old as well as 16 footers with families of up to six.  They seem to love to fish but I fear for their lack of safe distancing.

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was another fine June day, cool weather, a breeze, lots of sunshine. What more could we ask for after having rain a couple of days past?  I paddled, photographed a couple of predators, making my morning.  Since it was so pleasant out,  I went for a bike ride through Bemus and Long Point State Park, about an hour ride.  The wind was brutal much of the way but I stuck in there.  It felt good to have my bike back.  While I was gone, Evie powered up the mower and cut our grass.  It needed it after the rain.  Everything is nice and green as a result and our yard and garden both look a healthy June green. 

Lunch was the rest of a sub sandwich from Wegmans and I watched my show and finished my book, Euphoria, based loosely on a year in Margaret Meade's life.  I liked it enough to give it three and a half stars.  I did nap of course and then we both relaxed, either on the porch or out on the dock, depending on the wind.  I had taken the cover off the boat earlier but because the wind picked up, I put it back on.  And when we went out on the dock around 6:00 for a glass of wine, the wind had died down and we could have gone for a cruise.  Next time.

Wednesday Afternoon In June
After our wine, Evie went in and fried up some chicken thighs which had been marinating all afternoon in buttermilk.  I sat down and caught up with our neighbor, Bill, until dinner time.  So I was no help.  Evie put some hot sauce on the fried chicken and we both added a dollop of blue cheese dressing on top, so we had a version of hot Buffalo chicken thighs, not wings.  With a cucumber salad to complement the heat, we were happy.  We watched the final episode of Lenox Hill and then realized they had added one more episode which chronicled the hospital during the Cov19 epidemic.  It was scary to watch as they tried to cope with the virus, the hospital inundated by patients.  We ended the night on a high note, Cheers.  We have five more days until Cheers leaves Netflix for good.  Lots of binge-watching ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...