Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Another Sunny And Cool Morning


5:48
5:55
I am enjoying the cool of the past mornings.  Nothing like warm but not hot days and cool, great sleeping nights.  For my paddle this morning, I headed north at 7:15 up to Snug Harbor and back along the shore, looking for waterfowl with some luck.  I was out for 75 minutes, a good long paddle with a light wind on the way back.

A Majestic Great Blue Heron

Snug Harbor Marina
Wood Ducks
Yesterday was car day for me, at least car morning.  After a paddle, blog and breakfast, I drove to the Subaru dealer for a recall on the catalytic converter.  I called to find out how long it would take and the gal told me an hour and a half, including an oil change. I decided it was a good chance to ride my bike on the path to Jamestown.  So when I dropped it off, I was told it would take two hours.

Riverwalk Along Chadakoin River
I went into Jamestown, riding along the Riverwalk, on various streets, stopped for coffee at Crown Coffee on Third, sat at an outdoor table, then headed back figuring I would get to the dealer just before 11:30 when it should be done.  It wasn't until noon, typical I guess.  They are never finished early.  On the way home, I stopped at Peterson's Farm Market for local strawberries.

Jamestown's Main Street Bridge
Coffee On Third Street
I didn't get home until 1:00 Evie had the cauliflower soup heating, my sandwich out.  She had been busy of course, both in and out.  I ate, loved the soup, watched my show, then fell asleep while reading.  When I woke, the stove guy had just driven in the driveway, hoping to fix our stove.  Unfortunately, he did not have the part he needed, so he will have to come back once it arrives at the office.  Shipments are behind schedule because of COVID 19.

Ohio Spider Wort
We both were ready to relax after he left so we set up the chaise lounges in the sun in our side yard and read and read until 5:30 when it was dinner time.  Evie went in and I helped and quickly put together our dinner, lamb curry with apples, bananas, and broccoli, one of our favorites, supposedly a curry recipe from France.  Once it was put together, we let it sit while we went back outside and had a glass of wine until we were hungry.  Around 6:30, Evie heated up the curry, made the rice and a salad and by 7:00 we were ready to eat.  I love this curry and there's enough leftover for Wednesday. We watched at Real Time With  Bill Maher and the final riveting episode of Defending Jacob with a few unexpected twists at the end.  We watched another episode of Home On Apple TV where an amazing home blends into the environment of a reclaimed area polluted by refineries just outside of Austin, Texas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...