Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Heating Up

5:41
5:58
8:16
It's 8:15, a bright sunny morning and Evie's out watering her garden and I just returned from an hour on the lake.  It looks like the temperature will get up into the high 80's today after yesterday's 46º morning.  I was out paddling for an hour and was excited to get within ten feet of a female wood duck and her brood.

Kayak Morning
Wood Duck Mom And Her Babies
A Raft Of Wood Duck Chicks
Monday was a pleasant day, lots of sun, not too hot, a good day to get things done.  And there's always things to get done.  After a morning paddle, blog and breakfast, I drove off to my mechanic to check on a loud muffler.  I guess things will keep going wrong on a 2000 Honda Accord.  So I am taking it in later today to get it fixed.  At least I can feel good about supporting business. I also stopped for gas, filling up two five-gallon cans for the boat, a two-gallon for the lawnmower and the Accord.

When I returned home, I had a good forty-five minutes before lunch, so I powered up the mower and cut our next-door neighbor's yard in record time, 35 minutes. Evie must have been jealous of watching me because she powered up our lawnmower and we had dueling mowers until lunchtime.
Lunch was tuna salad on a bagel with tomatoes and pickles.  I watched Bosch and it's beginning to wind down.  Afterward, I read, fell asleep while Evie finished the lawn and watered her garden, the red twigs, and the privets.  I trundled two gas cans out to the boat, got out my trusty siphon and filled the boat with ten more gallons of gas.

Cautiously Together Again
We relaxed the rest of the afternoon in the yard, catching some sun and reading before getting ready to meet Linda and Ron for dinner at the Bemus Point Golf Course for dinner.  We arrived at 6:00 and they had picnic tables as well as tables and chairs spread out around the practice putting green.  Lots of space-separated the tables and all the waitresses wore masks.  It was a perfect night to sit outside and many others had the same idea.  We ordered our beers, then all four of us had their burgers, the best around we think.  With homemade fries, Evie was super excited.  It was great to get out, enjoy a beer with Linda and Ron and we hope we can do it more often.  We were home by 8:15, in time to watch another Better Call Saul and Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...