Saturday, June 27, 2020

Rainy Day Morning

Kudos To Our Daughter Beth for finishing her course work for a Master Degree in Education at SMU

6:20
8:48
It's 8:25, overcast, and wet from an inch of rain overnight. I just returned from a paddle, timed perfectly, as the showers stopped just about the time I stepped into my kayak.  Also, fishing boats began to appear as well as everyone waited for the rain to abate.  It was quite windy out in the middle, nice and calm long the Victoria/Woodlawn shore.

Kayak Morning
Long Point 
Yesterday as another near-perfect day, sunny and warm, with a nice breeze to keep from getting too hot.  I had a good paddle, what else, on a morning like yesterday, wrote the blog and had breakfast.  We decided to work in the morning, take it easy in the afternoon.  First, I trimmed our privets, making sure they were well-groomed and high enough to please Evie Joy.  We then decided to begin another neverending task, cutting the lake weeds,  They were getting too thick close to shore so that debris might hang up in the weeds like dead fish.  We worked for about an hour and a half and cleared the area and had a real sense of accomplishment.  We left it on the dock to dry out and late afternoon, I gathered it up a wheelbarrow, to take up the hill at a later date.

Sweet Smelling Flower From Our Privet Hedge
While Evie relaxed on the dock, I cooked a couple of hot dogs for lunch, smothered them with Stadium Mustard, and watched my show.  I then couched it, with my book, and took a brief nap before joining Evie on the dock.  Around 3:15, I came in, put on a clean T-shirt, gathered my keys and mask, and drove off to Spectrum Eyecare to pick up my new glasses with transition lens.  I waited out in their parking lot until a gal came out with a mask.  I tried the glasses on, and she went back in and readjusted them until they felt right. And that was it.  I then did a quick run-through Wegmans, doing our once a week shopping.  It was not a busy time, fortunately, so I was in and out quickly.  It was so pleasant late afternoon that we had a glass of wine on our dock, watching all the boats cruise by or pause fishing in front of our dock.  For some reason, the Amish seem to think the area in front of our yard is a hot spot.

Evie went in to fix dinner around 6:45 and I picked up the weeds from the dock.  Earlier, she had marinated a couple of salmon filets.  She roasted them in the oven, made rice, garlic spinach, and a salad, and we had a fine dinner, just what we wanted.  We watched Colbert which is beginning to be a bore with its sameness, then three episodes of Cheers.  When you watch them like this, we began to realize a sameness of episodes and it too is getting tiring. I think we are going to have to find a new series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...