Thursday, June 18, 2020

Who 'Stopped' The Rains

5:41
5:58
I hate to admit that I am getting tired of these sunny, blue sky days but I am.  We both long for some rain, a nice, safe storm, no lightning, no wind.  Perhaps tomorrow will be the day.  As a last resort, I will take the cover off my boat.  That always works.  It's now 8:30 and it was a glorious morning for a paddle, so why complain, right.  I was out for 75 minutes, to Long Point, Power Boat Club, then home.  I saw few waterfowl,  just a few mallards.

Kayak Morning
Mallard On Long Point
A Leisurely Paddle North
Yesterday was another day, like our other days, busy both inside and out.  I paddled early, then we got busy in the yard, watering again because of the lack of rain but mostly, working on the back porch.  Like Tuesday, we took everything off, I dusted, then Evie vacuumed and washed it down with soap and water. 

Our One and Only Peony
I had an early lunch, soup and a broccoli salad, watched my show and drove off to Jamestown to the dermatologist for a body scan.  I stopped on the way at Peterson's Market and picked up another quart of local strawberries.  It took 20 minutes in the waiting room before the PA opened the door, typical I guess.  I had a thorough scan, one biopsy, and I was on my way home.  I stopped and picked up a sprinkler for Evie, last year's model for five bucks, a deal.

Evie was excited to get the sprinkler although when she tried it, it keeps getting cogged with moss from the lake.  We are going to have to figure out how to avoid that or it's not going to work.  We went over to our neighbors, Pat and David, at 4:30 for drinks and heavy appetizers.  We practiced safe distancing, brought out own glasses and Pat had individual appetizers, one for them one for us. We forget how nice it is to sit down with friends, have a glass of wine, appetizers, and just converse, catching up on their lives this past fall and winter in Houston.  Like us, they have been careful about wearing masks, keeping distances. We enjoyed getting together so much that we did not head home until 7:30. 

Pat, David, And Ollie
Neither of us were very hungry and Pat sent us home with the leftover appetizers, so I finished them off with a bowl of soup and Evie made a salad with her lettuce and arugula.  It was perfect and we finished our meal off with vanilla ice cream and strawberries. 

Lettuce From Evie's Window Box Garden
We watched a Colbert, then a new documentary from Netflix which goes into a hospital in New York and films their busy, intense, and life-saving days. It's called Lenox Hill and we were impressed by it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...