Friday, June 26, 2020

Early Morning Chill

6:01
I love it when I get up and I need a fleece, an extra layer when I go out to paddle,  By the time I get back, however, I wish I hadn't put another layer on as the sun warmed me up.  I paddled to Tom's Point, took a quick photo of a heron before he flew off, then I zen fished a bit, before paddling home, out for over an hour.

Kayak Morning
Great Blue Heron At Tom's Point
Thursday felt like Friday, today like Saturday, as all days meld together.  It was the usual start to the day for me, the paddle, breakfast, and blog.  Evie, however, had a required 'wellness' appointment with her PA so she was off to Mayville by 10:00.  I took advantage then of her absence and drove into Lakewood, parked my car, and biked off to Celeron, around the neighborhoods.  I was not into it, so I was only gone for forty-five minutes.  I stopped in for a coffee, waited in line until a guy sitting in the shop, sneezed a couple of times, no mask, and laughed about it.  So I left without a coffee, regretting that I did not confront him and explain that's why you wear a mask.

Goat's Beard
Evie was back when I returned home, had a DNA blood test for forty-five kinds of cancer, which they seem to be giving to anyone who has a history of cancer in their family.  I was at a loss for lunch until Evie suggested a Turkish menemen omelet with a sesame seed bagel.  She whipped it up in ten minutes and I was back in Istanbul, on the Bosphorus, for a few minutes enjoying a menemen, a bagel as close as we can get to a simit.  I then started a new book, one I must have started before but put down after a few pages, Manhattan Beach. I fell asleep, tired from the early morning but was awaken by thunder and hail on our roof.  Out of seemingly nowhere, a storm materialized and rained hard for about 15 minutes, with close to an inch of rain.  Then it cleared up, blue skies and we had a normal afternoon.  I was bored by 4:00 so I practiced yoga for forty-five minutes, a good choice because I felt much better afterward.

Herons And Hostas
We left for Ron and Linda's around 5:30 as we were having drinks with them and Linda's sister, Janet, who was in town.  We sat outside on their lawn, at least six feet apart, and enjoyed a beer and Linda's appetizers, a tray full of packages of Fritos, Lays Chips, and Corn Curls.  It was a fine afternoon, comfortable in the sun and we had not seen them in close to two weeks, so a lot had happened since then.  We left just after 7:00 and Evie smartly had leftovers for our dinner so we did not have to fuss, chicken thighs and home fried potatoes.  We watched the usual, Colbert and Cheers and started a series called The Family until we realized we had watched an episode or two before.  It was highly recommended on the Michael Smerconish show and we always take his advice.  We were in bed early, tired from a day of practically doing nothing,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...