Sunday, August 11, 2024

Where Went The Sun?

Home

7:39

9:25

It's 8:05 and a half hour ago, the house was filled with sunshine.  Now a huge gray cloud hangs over the sky. It doesn't look like rain, just lots of gray highlighted by some of the sun's light peaking through. It's later than usual, 9:30, and I just returned from another 50-minute paddle on a surprisingly quiet Sunday morning lake. 

Kayak Morning

Clouds Over Long Point

North

Hanging On A Woodlawn Dock

 Osprey Sighting

Another Heron

Those Eyes Are Scary

Yesterday was a typical Saturday except for watching the Olympics on and off during the day. I paddled of course for close to 50 minutes on a lovely morning. Once breakfast and the blog were done, I gassed up my boat with ten gallons to prepare for the next few weeks. It felt good to get it done because using a siphon to empty the five-gallon cans was a hassle. It was a leisurely morning in fact I went upstairs and read on my bed with the windows open, a nice breeze cooling the room. Around 11:00, Evie had cleaned out the refrigerator and gathered the trash so I was off to the Transfer Station.

When I got home, I read some then had my lunch, the leftover tuna salad and watched the Olympics men's volleyball gold medal game between France and Poland. I was really tired having gotten only five hours of sleep so I went up and took a decent nap. 

Looking South From North End Of The Lake

Webb's Trail

I woke with some energy so while Evie enjoyed sitting in the side yard reading, I drove to Mayville Park, parked my car and rode my bike on Webb's Trail, then Sea Lion Drive for almost an hour. It felt good to be doing something and it was nice and cool so I hardly worked up a sweat. I then spent the next two hours watching the US defeat France in a sloppy but exciting basketball game, thanks to the amazing three-point skill of Stephen Curry, the greatest shooter ever. He hit four threes in a row in the last two minutes to cement the US's victory.

Dahlia

Once again, we had a leisurely happy hour on the front porch with a glass of wine. The wind had died down and the lake calmed as well. It's always a part of day which we look forward to. Earlier, Evie had made our dinner Aloo Gobi, of roasted cauliflower, garbanzo beans, potatoes and Indian spices so once it was heated up, the pita bread toasted, with had a tasty. We finished the series, TRYING and as I mentioned were disappointed in the final season. We then watched Olympic table tennis and a couple of the relays won by Americans. It was a good way to end the day. 

Pretty In Pink


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...