Friday, August 30, 2024

Gray And More Gray

9:02

It's another 65º morning with no sun to speak of. It looks like it could rain but it's not predicted. I was up later than usual, 7:30, which is sleeping in for me. It's after 9:00 and I paddled for a half hour, scaring off a couple of ospreys just as I pulled out my camera but got a good photograph of a bald eagle. 

Kayak Morning

Bald Eagle In Victoria Trees

Yesterday, a Thursday, began as usual with no kayaking because I have breakfast in Bemus at 8:00. It's interesting in that we see many of the same people each morning, the guy who works at the post office, the buff guy with two young children. 

After breakfast and the blog yesterday, I volunteered to go pick up another basket of peaches at Petesons' Farm, then stop at Tops for a few things before coming home. So off I went at 10:00, picked up the peaches and corn, and did a quick run through Tops. On the way home, I stopped at Jamestown Cycle just for the heck of it to talk about an E-Bike. It was interesting and they have just the bike I would want. I have decided, however, that even though I would love it, it doesn't make sense for the kind of riding I would do, which is hanging around the area and riding on trails I am familiar with. So no E-Bike...I think. I also took my Kia to a self-car wash before arriving home just after noon.

We were having two couples over for dinner so Evie had been busy, put together a couple of appetizers and a baked pastistio for our dinner. I was hungry so she took time out to make tomato sandwiches for both of us and I watched my show then read and napped before helping in the kitchen. I cleaned up the kitchen twice, once from the morning, and next from Evie's cooking in the afternoon. We had everything ready by 3:00 and were able to take time outs as we got things done, or rather Evie did.

Porch Life

We were showered and gussied up by 6:00 when our friends arrived, Stan and Carol from Florida as well as Chautauqua, and Dave and Pat from South Carolina and also our neighbors. Both couples are avid golfers so we spent a lot of time talking about golfing and golf courses, especially since Stan was a golf pro. We had corn fritters and spicy cashews for appetizers and everyone had a different libation, from wine to beer, to Arnold Palmer's iced tea. Dinner was great, Greek style, the baked pastistio, a great salad and spanakopita triangles with spinach and feta cheese. For dessert, Evie made Atlantic City pie and everyone wanted the recipe. Our friends stayed until 9:30 and then we both cleaned up the kitchen before bed, a fun night. 

Dinner With Neighbors And Old Friends


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...