Thursday, August 22, 2024

Fog Rising And 51º

 I

7:12

9:18

It's 7:35 and I have been up since 7:00, watching the fog rising, the morning clear. The lake's calm, as usual, at this time in the morning a few fishing boats are just visible through the fog off of the reeds. It's now 9:30 and I just returned from breakfast. It's a beautiful morning, the fog has lifted and we are enjoying the last of our coffee before figuring out what to do with our day.

Yesterday was a good day, uneventful and leisurely. I started the day with a good paddle, and photographs of a couple of ospreys but no herons to my surprise. When I  got home, Evie was still sleeping in, lucky gal. So I had another coffee until she got up and we finished the blog. We celebrated or 59th anniversary by putting photos of us and our families on Facebook, something we rarely do but we thought it might be nice, We decided to start our 60th year together with a hike so we drove over to Long Point and walked the woods for around 50 minutes, just right. it was a lovely morning, nice and cool, so we hardly worked up a sweat. 

Beginning Our 60th Year With A Hike

August Green

We didn't get home until almost 1:00 so Evie made me a couple of cheese sandwiches and soup and we watched some of the Democratic Convention from Tuesday night. I was impressed by Doug Imhoff's speech and of course, both Obamas hit it out of the ballpark, with Michelle hitting it a bit farther. We miss them. After watching part of the convention, I read and napped, per usual and we both relaxed the rest of the afternoon, happy to be doing nothing.

We had our wine time at 5:00 on another lovely late afternoon as the wind died down and it was warm enough, if we wore fleeces, to sit on the front porch. Around 6:30, Evie grilled up some mushrooms, and a couple of rib eyes and made a salad. Unfortunately, the rib eyes were not the best, a bit tough, but the carrot cake for dessert was to die for. We spent the evening watching the convention and for me the highlight was the couple talking about their son still being held as a hostage by Hamas. We ended the night watching Bill Clinton, good but showing his age. From listening to the pundits this morning, I missed the best of the night, speeches by Tim Waltz and Oprah. I will watch them today. It was a great night for Democrats, an occasion for Trump to whine and complain about being mistreated. How rich!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...