Friday, August 2, 2024

Morning Rain

6:59

8:38

It's a wet morning here on the lake. I'm sitting on the front porch, listening to the rain on a gray morning. A few boats are fishing despite the rain on a humid 69º morning. It's 9:15 and we have been sitting on the porch talking for the last hour so I skipped kayaking this morning. 

Yesterday was a busy day of waiting, for Evie's sister and brother-in-law to arrive. It began early with a good paddle on a sunny morning and then breakfast in Bemus. After breakfast, we got busy prepping the house for guests and Evie worked both at cleaning and making food for the next couple of days. Our first task was to wash the front windows. For some reason, clean windows seem to be number one on Evie's list. I worked outside and Evie in, then she worked outside as well and they look spiffy. We then did a couple of more things which I can't remember.

Around 10:30, I took off to get a few things that Evie needed from the store. First, I stopped at Peterson's Farm to pick up peaches, locally grown. Then, on to Wegman's to pick up spinach because the boxed spinach was bad which Evie needed for soup. I picked up a few other things and was home just before lunch. Evie had by then a pie made and ratouille so the kitchen was a mess. I helped clean it up, I think, and then had lunch, ramen and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I then read and napped of course because I was tired from getting up at 6:00. Once I was up, I vacuumed the living room and cleaned out my second kayak, and took more dead fall up the hill. So I was done with what I wanted to get done and then helped Evie finish up. We both then took showers, me after taking a swim to cool off.

Dinner was leftover pizza and a salad, just as good as the night before. We watched another episode of TRYING, then some Olympics, as we waited for Evie's sister to arrive. They got her at 9:45, having stopped in Mentor Headlands State Park on their drive from Chicago. We sat up talking until 11:00 when all four of us admitted to tiredness and went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...