Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Humid And Overcast

Evie's Dahlia

6:29

Our Neighbor, Nancy, Skiing

Fishing On A Paddle Board

It's 6:45 and I have been up for a half hour on a dreary morning here at the lake. It's 67º and we may have rain much of the afternoon if you can believe the weather app. Yesterday we were lucky to miss the heavy winds and thunderstorms and hardly got more than a ten-minute drizzle. I paddled for about forty-five minutes and was excited about my photos this morning, osprey, heron, skier, and paddle boarder. 

Kayak Morning

Darkening Sky

Great Blue

Great Blue And Neighbor's About To Ski

Same Heron

Near Campground

Above The Reeds

Yesterday was a hot one but a good one. I got in an early kayak and spotted both an osprey and heron so I was happy. After a leisurely breakfast, I left Evie weeding her dahlia bed and drove to Petersons, first, and bought another basket of peaches then drove to the start of the Riverwalk Trail, just behind the Subaru dealer. 

Chadokoin River

I biked into Jamestown, working up quite a sweat, then biked along the Riverwalk, passing the pedestrian bridges and finally stopped for a coffee on Main at Crown Street Roasting Company. It was quite busy as many seemed to be just getting out of the heat and enjoying the air conditioning. I then biked along Main, down to Mc Crea Point and back to my car along the asphalt Riverside Trail. I was home by 12:30 and Evie was finishing up watering her plants, ready to get out of the heat of the afternoon.

3:48 PM

7:04 PM

I had an easy lunch, ramen and pretzels and watched some of the Olympics before reading and napping in an air-conditioned bedroom. We both relaxed the rest of the afternoon, waiting for the thunderstorms that never materialized nor did the rain. It cleared up around happy hour so we enjoyed some chps and dip and a couple of glasses of wine before dinner. Dinner was leftovers again, still tasty, barbecued chicken and ratatoille and an ice cream sundae for dessert. We were happy and we watched the Olympics until we got tired and went to bed. 

Hydrangea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...