Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Partly Cloudy And 64º

7:52

I was up early, at 6:20 and it's another quiet morning as I hear only the caw of crows and hum of lake flies when I step out on the front porch. It's just 8:00 and I paddled for only 25 minutes because I am taking my Outback in for an oil change and tire rotation at Finns in Niobe. It was an interesting morning paddle, no birds but a muskrat, paddling by me. 

Kayak Morning

North

Muskrat Ramble

Yesterday was another warm one but a good one. I paddled for 50 minutes and shot three different herons, a first. After a breakfast of peach crisp topped with vanilla ice cream, I was ready to drive to Lakewood and meet my friend Paul for coffee at Ryders Cup. We caught up on our new grandchildren, great for me and sat on the front porch, enjoying the morning. I also ran into my yoga teacher, Tara, who just returned from three months on the Appalachian Trail. After coffee, I hit the bank to cash four checks from various sources, all under ten bucks? Go figure. I then stopped at Home Depot, bought a new hand vacuum because ours died, and then shopped at Wegmans for some goodies for last night's gathering with friends.

Lunch was leftover mushroom pasta from Sunday night and I watched my show. While I was gone, Evie was busy prepping for our happy hour with heavy appetizers. I then took a brief nap, read some, then spent a good part of the afternoon helping to get the house ready for our company. I mostly cleaned up the kitchen and the porch while Evie got everything ready. 

Better Together

By 5:00, our friends arrived, Jerry and Jane from here, now Florida, and Julie and Tom from Woodlawn/Victoria. It was nice enough, cool enough, to sit on the porch and catch up onall our lives. For appetizers, we had wraps. two kinds of shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, corn fritters, and lots of red wine. It was a fun evening and the appetizers were great. 

Crazies Having Fun

Jane and Jerry are here for a month so we will see them again. And I will be seeing Tom in late September, to spend the day with him making sauerkraut. Once they left, we cleaned the kitchen. Evie headed up to bed and I watched Caitlin Clark's game before going up to bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...