Monday, August 26, 2024

A Great Blue Heron Morning

Great Blue And Old Glory

6:39

7:02

A Profusion Of Cosmos

It's 7:15 and I have been up for close to an hour. I saw the sun rise over Long Point, an orange globe and now I am waiting for it to move so that it fills the living room and I have to put on my ball cap. Life is tough this early in the morning. It's 9:20 as we finish the blog. I paddled for 50 minutes and had the luck to photograph three different herons, two along the shore, one high up in the trees.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Great Blue






Osprey

Yesterday was another amazing day of sun, clear skies, bike riding, and relaxing. I started with a 50 minute paddle, shots of ospreys and even a bald eagle before breakfast and finishing the blog. Instead of going for a walk, Evie wanted to work in her garden, so I decided to ride another bike. So I rode to Mayville again, and parked my car in the park just as the guys took down the festival tents. I decided to ride a different trail, so I rode the Mayville asphalt trail up to the entrance to the James Fincher Nature Trail, part of the Rails To Trails. I rode it, through mostly woods and open trails until I hit RT 27, then rode back to the start, then along Sea Lion Drive and back to the park. I was out for close to an hour on a great morning for a bike ride. 

Entrance To Trail

Gravel Path Through The Woods

When I returned, Evie had finished her gardening and was enjoying some sun on the dock. I joined her but soon it became too warm and we came in and she made me breakfast, egg and tomato on a bagel. The rest of the afternoon went quickly and as usual, with my book, an attempt at a nap, then more reading and enjoying the afternoon until wine time at 5:30.  I did call my good college friends, Joe and Mary Lou and it was good to talk with them. 

Dahlia

Neither Evie nor I had much mojo and just wanted to take it easy so that's what we did, 'take it easy' as the Eagles song says. For dinner, Evie sauteed some mushrooms for a pasta sauce and that was our dinner along with a salad. We were at a loss for a good series so watched some CNN special, then a couple of episodes of Cheers for a laugh, a good way to end the day.

Jerusalem Artichokes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...