Saturday, August 17, 2024

Gray Skies But No Rain Insight

Coneflower

Rose

7:07

It's 7:54 and we are both up, finishing our first cup of coffee on a humid 68º morning. The lake is fairly quiet for a Saturday morning in August although a skier just passed by. It's later than usual, 9:45 because I was out for over an hour, across to Tom's Point and Bemus and back. And I am enjoying my breakfast, the peach/blueberry crisp with a scoop of ice cream.

Kayak Morning

Towards Tom's Point

Tom's Point And Bemus Bridge

Northern Sky

Heron And Wood Duck

Osprey

Yesterday was supposed to be a relaxing day after a couple of 'wild' nights and days for us. So I had no plans to go to yoga and just wanted to get in a good paddle which I did. So after coffee the blog and the paddle, Evie asked if I would help her in the garden and yard, and I said I would "love to." Evie was busy as well, mowing and working in the garden. I trimmed around all the garden and bushes, then cleaned the weeds off our brick walk with a weed wacker, which is much easier than taking out one weed at a time. Once I was done with that, I pulled weeds around our trees, overgrown with grass and weeds. And that took me to lunchtime, although I am not sure how. 

Dahlia

Dahlias

Lunch was the best, the beefsteak tomatoes from the Randolph market on sourdough bread with mayo and salt and pepper. Yum. I continued to watch my series, Justified, a decent not great series although I have stuck with it now for a couple of weeks. I was looking forward to my nap, with windows open and a nice breeze. I fell asleep reading as usual. I was up by 2:30 and along with Evie, read on the front porch, happy to have the lawn and garden looking great. We enjoyed a happy hour until 7:00 when we had dinner, the leftover stuffed eggplant and for dessert, a peach/blueberry crisp that Evie made in the afternoon. Topped with a ice cream, it's heaven. We watched Colbert and the news, CNN usually, with a few minutes of Fox for a laugh before going up to bed. Another good day. 

Jerusalem Artichokes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...