Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Shades Of Gray In The Morning

8:09

7:05

It's 7:53 and the sun just popped out above the grayness on a 58º morning. Evie's up early because she has an appointment in Jamestown at 9:45. It's 9:15 and I was out for a half and good shots of both a heron and osprey, making my morning. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Osprey

Heron

Yesterday was not the best of days. I did get in a decent paddle but short because I had yoga at 9:30. I finished the blog, had breakfast, and was on my way at 9:10 for a 9:30 class. We began class with an easy pose, lying supine with a cushion pushed up against my lower back. I have done this hundreds of times . This time, however, my back cramped or tightened and I could hardly stand up. I did a few poses, trying to loosen the tightness to no avail so I packed it up and left class early. It was better when I stood and I had no problem driving home. So that more or less ruined my day. 

Evie left for a blood test and shopping just after I returned home, around 11:15 and I just relaxed on the couch, with a heating pad, and read until lunchtime. Lunch was the leftover mac n cheese and Evie made me a western omelet, with the leftover hamburger and put it on a brioche bun. Yum. I watched the last of the Olympics before erasing some 45 episodes saved on our TV. I went upstairs and read, napped on my bed, and woke feeling better. 

Because of my back, I took it easy and Evie suggested I take some advil every six hours which I did. She came home around 3:00, with groceries and some goodies from TJ's. Once everything was put away, Evie roasted some eggplant in the oven and made a delicious lamb, onion, tomato, and eggplant filling for our dinner, a Turkish dish called Karniyarik. We sometimes make it without lamb called Imam Bayildi, the Imam fainted. Around 3:00, our neighbor Pat and her Westie came over and she and Evie spent a good hour on the front porch catching up. 

Ollie, A Westie

At 5:00, Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters, and afterward, Evie put the stuffed eggplant together and let it simmer in a large pan until it was time to eat. We loved it, along with a salad and still have three left for tonight's dinner unless I have it for lunch. We were at a loss as to what to watch so we ended up switching channels, watching a few minutes of a series but ended up with Colbert who interviewed Caitlin Collins from CNN.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...