Saturday, August 31, 2024

Morning Drizzle And Gray

Our Grandson, Nick, Reading To Our Great Grandson, Rhys

7:30

10:02

I woke to rain or drizzle. It's hard to tell which. Right now the lake is placid, a few boats are out and it looks like it stopped drizzling for a few minutes. I want to kayak but the weather app says it may rain for the next hour and if it were only drizzle, I would get out there with the ducks. It's 10:20 and I was able to kayak for about 25 minutes, just as the rain lets up and the lake begins to get busy. We received maybe a quarter of an inch of rain overnight, with some thunder and lightning.  

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky (looks like a painting)

Heron Perched

Osprey Perched

Heron Fishing Along Shoreline

Heron Stepping Out

Yesterday was back to routine, with a good morning paddle for 50 minutes. When we finished the blog, I knew Evie was ready for an easy day after a couple of very busy days so I decided to go to yoga, something I hadn't done in the past ten days. I arrived at 10:00 and discovered I was the only one in class. My teacher didn't seem to mind so it was just Moi and her for over an hour, a good class because she emphasized lots of stretching for my back. After class, I did not linger, no shopping or coffee but came straight home. And that was it for the day for me as it was extremely warm, both inside and out, making it hard to do anything physical. 

So had my lunch, a veggie wrap with cucumbers, radishes and hummus, and watched another episode of Justified. I can't believe I still have a couple of seasons with many of the same bad guys. I am reading a Will Trent novel by Karin Slaughter, my third, and I like it. And because it was so warm, I turned on the air conditioner in the bedroom, read, and fell asleep in a nice cool room. 

The rest of the afternoon we both spent in our living room or TV room where we had a fan and it was cooler than our porch. By 5:30, however, it was cool enough to sit out and enjoy a glass of wine as the day waned, the lake quieted and turned picturesque, just before the golden hour. Dinner was easy, with a good salad and the leftover chicken meatballs and rice. We didn't really know what to watch but fortunately, we found Caitlin Clark's Fever on Prime via Ion TV and watched it. I  have to admit that I am becoming a fan of the Indiana Fever, enjoy their games, and am getting to know all their players which makes it more fun. She had a great game, 31 points and 9 assists to lead her team to victory over the Chicago Sky. Evie's also into to it and loves Caitlin's passing and unselfishness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...