Monday, August 1, 2022

Scattered Clouds But Lots Of Sunshine

Anna Belle Hydrangeas

6:00

6:25

It's 8:22, lots of sun filling the living room, a light breeze, moving the wind chimes on a 62º morning. It was a good morning as well for an hour paddle and a few good shots of an osprey and heron. I am listening to a Bill Simmons podcast where he talks about the great Bill Russell who died yesterday, the greatest winner in sports history. 

Kayak Morning

Osprey

Cormorant


Heron

Sunday was another good day, with lots of sun, some work and fun, and large leisure. It started with great kayaking and photos of an eagle, heron, and osprey, making my morning. Because it was still cool and pleasant out, I set up the watering system for Evie and then drove over to Long Point for a bike ride through the park. Unfortunately, I took the fat tire bike path, filled with tree roots, and ended up losing my water bottle somewhere, as a result of the bumpy ride. While I was gone, Evie gave the garden and bushes a good watering, spending close to an hour and a half off and on in the yard. 

Trail At Long Point

Long Point Sans Water Bottle

Matt's Zinnias

When I returned home, it was lunch time so Evie fried up a couple of eggs, and toasted bagels and we had lunch on the front porch, still cool from a nice breeze. That was it for me as far as doing much of anything but Evie dabbled in her garden, enjoying the afternoon coolness. I read and napped and am enjoying my Don Winslow novel called The Gentlemen's Hours, about a group of aging surfers in San Diego. I have read four or five of his novels and liked them all. 

A Quiet Lake At 6:46

Around 5:30, we enjoyed a spiked lemonade along with cheesy nachos, once again, enjoying the boats slowly head home, the lake empty. We had an easy dinner, a couple of ears of sweet corn and sloppy joes, leftover from when our kids were here, We watched an always amusing and biting Real Time With Bill Maher, ending the night with Seaside Hotel, finishing Season Four. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...