Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Morning Fog

Juvenile Eagle On Top Of The Pine

6:18

I was up before 6:00; now, at 7:10, we are still locked in with fog. I can hardly see beyond the end of our dock it is so thick. It's 59º and I think I will put off a paddle until I can see Long Point. It's 8:30, Evie's still sleeping, and I have gone through the NYTimes, and Washington Post,  listened to a Bill Simmons podcast, and am still waiting for the fog to clear so I can go kayaking. Well, I finally got in a half hour of kayaking but didn't hit the water until 9:45, just as the fog was clearing. 

Fog Lifting

Kayak Morning At 10:15

Osprey

Heron On Victoria Dock

On Shoreline

As anyone who reads this blog must know, my routine does not change much and Monday was no exception. I paddled, wrote the blog, and had breakfast all before 9:00 when I drove off to Yoga class, having to stop for two temporary stop lights because they were putting in a sewer line. This has been going on all summer. We had a different yoga teacher and she rubbed an analgesic on our shoulders and backs to start class, and sprayed us with a scent to end it. So by the time class was over, I was ready to face the world and bought a coffee at Ryders Cup before descending to the wilds of 5% Tuesday at Wegman's Grocery store. Fortunately, I did not have to buy much so I was able to go quickly through the Seven or less check-out line. 

Evie was taking it easy because she is still experiencing some bouts of vertigo. So she is being careful when standing up and is taking it easy but was still able to make my lunch, a couple of tomato sandwiches with mayo on toast. I am on the third episode of Game of Thrones and am picking up the storyline. Both of us then enjoyed the large leisure of our afternoon, Evie on the porch reading, my reading, napping, and reading some more. By 4:00, however, I was so bored that I decided to wash the front windows, something I  am often loathe to do. So I got out my bucket, added white vinegar and corn starch, rags, and a squeegee and I was off to the front windows. It takes me about 20 minutes, first removing cobwebs and spiders before washing down the windows. I am sure once the sun rises and burns off the clouds, the windows will look as if they were never done, loaded with smears. At least they are cleaner than they were.

Dinner was easy, just put the leftover pork and sauerkraut in the oven and microwave the mashed potatoes and dinner was just as good as it was on Sunday night, maybe even better because we were both hungry. We watched a powerful film called Quo Vadis, Aida, about the massacre of 8300 Muslims by Serbs in Sbrenbenic in 1995. It's hard to watch but a necessary reminder of the destruction of life and property as a result of war. I am sure the same thing is going on in parts of Ukraine by the Russians. We ended the night on a high note with another episode of the Extraordinary Attorney Woo which not only is it entertaining but educates the viewer about autism and its spectrum. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...