Saturday, August 27, 2022

Partly Cloudy And Getting Warm

Evie's Mystical Garden

7:02

It's late, 10:20 because I have been talking to an architect about garage possibilities. We hit it off and talked about all sorts of things, his and our travels and he's exactly my age and, I think, we are politically in lane although we avoided politics. He is into solar energy and bought an all-electric Volkwagen which he loves. Before he arrived, I paddled for 50 minutes and got a couple of neat photos of an osprey at the north end of Woodlawn.

Kayak Morning

Paddling North

Osprey

Yesterday was a muggy but busy day. After kayaking, breakfast, and the blog.  I hurriedly attached my bike to the car and drove to Bemus Point for a ride. I had to be back by 11:00 because I was taking my neighbor, Joyce, to Jameston for a doctor's appointment. My ride was fine, with a decent wind, and I cut it a little short to make sure I had time to clean up before we went to Jamestown. Fortunately, her appointment took only 25 minutes at the most so we were heading home by noon, stopping at Peterson's, however, to pick up peaches and tomatoes. 

Long Point

When I got home, Evie was off to Mayville for another appointment with a physical therapist. For lunch, I couldn't pass up a tomato sandwich and I still had a serving of eggplant leftover from Wednesday. Both were delicious and I watched more of Game Of Thrones. By the time I was done, Evie was home, hoping she'll have only one more appointment with the physical therapist. 

Early Evening Sky

We relaxed the rest of the afternoon. I napped and finished my David Silva novel and started a new one called The Bouncer. I am not taken with it but will stick with it for another couple of chapters. We couldn't make up our minds whether to go out dinner or stay home but by the time we did, it was too late to go out so we decided to enjoy a libation and a good appetizer, guacamole and chips, sat on the porch and it was a good choice. We literally filled up on the chips and guacamole as it was a good thing we were having a hot dog and macaroni and cheese for dinner, easy and too much really. We were excited to watch another episode of Bad Sisters but it was pretty bad. We ended the night with another Extraordinary Attorney Woo, a good choice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...