Thursday, August 4, 2022

Road Trip

6:20

It's an overcast, warm morning here at the lake, with little if any wind and 70º. It looks like an uncomfortably warm weekend here at the lake but also in Traverse City, Michigan where we are going for a wedding. It will be in the high 80s in both places alas. It's 8:15 and I  paddled for forty-five minutes; Evie's up showering and we are in no hurry, hope to be off for Ann Arbor, for an overnight, by 10:00. 

Kayak Morning


Osprey In Victoria Tree


Yesterday was not much fun because today's trip is always hanging over whatever we do. So for Evie, it was spent getting her clothes ready for the weekend, making sure we have everything we might need. For me, it was similar but I am not quite as worried about what to bring. So after a paddle and breakfast, I took off for a coffee, a stop at a hardware store, then Finns, to get the lug nuts on my Subaru tightened. For some reason, he recommends this the day after they rotate my tires. Who am I to question? 

When I got home, Evie had been mowing the lawn so I made myself lunch, fried rice with eggs, garlic, onions, and tomatoes and I finished Season Five of Peaky Blinders. The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing and working some in the yard. By 4:00, the yard looked amazing, I had taken yard scraps up the hill, cleaned the car and we were ready. 

We thought about a boat ride but decided against it, so I put the cover on it, swam, and had a beer on the dock to celebrate the end of a day of preparation. Evie made a great vegetarian curry for dinner and along with a salad and ice cream for dessert, we were happy. We finished Season Five of Seaside Hotel, perfect timing.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...