Sunday, August 28, 2022

A GREAT BLUE HERON MORNING

Zingaro

Bald Eagle

A Great Blue Heron Quartet

It's late, 9:20 as I start this although I was up at 6:15, enjoying an early coffee, waiting for the sun to rise. I was out on the water by 7:15, paddled across to Long Point, then the end of Lakeside Drive, across to Tom's Point, and home. And best of all, I photographed an eagle and at least ten different herons, with four hanging out in a tree. I also ran into our neighbors, John and Maryanne in their canoe, and Jim and Tina in their kayaks, so it was a busy morning on the lake.

6:20

6:54

Kayak Morning

Blue, Northern Sky

Our Neighbors, John And Maryanne

A Heron In The Mist

Same Herons, Different Pose

Saturday morning was strange because I spent a good hour talking with an architect about garage possibilities after my hour-long paddle. As a result, I didn't get to the blog or breakfast before 10:15. Once it was published, I made breakfast and went for a walk around the neighborhood, as I try to do each morning, eating my granola with yogurt and fruit on the way. Once I was home, I took the cover off the boat and then we gathered the trash and I was off to the Transfer Station just before noon. It was busy as usual but I was able to get in and out fairly quickly. 

Evie rewarded my busy morning with a couple of tomato/toast/mayo sandwiches and I watched my show. It was a spectacular afternoon for sunbathing, sunny and breezy so Evie spent a good part of the afternoon out on the dock, reading, and enjoying the day. I had my usual afternoon, falling asleep as I read, then joining Evie on the dock. By 4:00, I had enough sitting and walking the Victoria loop, 1.4 miles, taking me a half hour, just right. 

Once again it was such a beautiful late afternoon that we decided against going out for dinner and instead went for a boat ride over to Bemus and back, on a surprisingly windy late afternoon. When we returned, Evie put together our dinner, a couple of tasty quesadillas along with a salad and we watched a film called The Starling, about a couple dealing with the aftermath of a personal tragedy.  We liked it, especially Evie because it's her kind of film, with mild drama, no violence to speak of.  We ended the night with Real Time With Bill Maher. His guests were Rob Reiner, a passionate liberal, and Amy Klobuchar, a sensible Democratic Senator from Minnesota.  We hope she runs for President; she would be a good one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...