Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Waking To The Sound Of Falling Rain

Great Blue Heron

7:08

The rain woke me at 6:00, stopped about a half hour later,  and by 7:15, I was out on an empty, quiet, and smooth lake. The sun occasionally would break through the dark clouds; now, at 8:30, it's almost a sunny morning. 

Kayak Morning

Threatening Northern Sky

The Sun 

Bald Eagle

Great Blue

Yesterday I skipped a paddle because of the rain, so I was bored early but fortunately, I had yoga at 9:30, giving me something to do. The class lasted until 10:45 and I then had coffee with Paul at Ryder's Cup and was introduced to a young man, an accomplished sailor obviously, in his early 20s about to fly off to Cape Town to help pilot a catamaran across the Atlantic to Brazil. Ah, Youth. After coffee, I went to Wegman's and shopped on 5% off day along with all the other white heads like me. Fortunately, it was not too busy and I got through the checkout line quickly.




I was home by12:30, enjoyed a quarter of a sub from Wegman's, and watched the end of Peaky Blinders, which surprised me and no spoilers. Now I have to find my next noontime series. Maybe Game of Thrones? I did watch the first season four or five years ago and liked it. After my nap and reading, it started to finally clear up so I decided to go for a bike ride, drove to Mayville, and rode the bike path and Sea Lion Drive for forty-five minutes, just right.

When I returned home, we decided to get the steak and fries dinner from Steener's Pub, two Delmonico's, and fries for twenty-five bucks. So I picked them up around 6:45 and we sat in the TV room, enjoying our dinner, watching three or four episodes of Seaside Hotel. We are on Season Eight, the final season finally. It's silly at times, sad at others, and fun to watch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...